For questions for
the 24th Conference
Society for Phenomenology and Media
Lancaster, Pennsylvania is a lovely small city in the South-Central part of Pennsylvania, USA, and is approximately two hours from Philadelphia and Washington, DC and less than 4 hours from New York City. The conference venue is in the middle of the vibrant arts city, with many restaurants, pubs, and shops. The Ware Center is Millersville’s city campus and serves as an arts hub for the community. Please book your hotel as soon as you have learned you have been accepted to the conference.
FIRST, PLEASE NOTE
All events will be at the downtown at the Millersville University Ware Center Campus, 42 North Prince Street, Lancaster PA 17603. https://artsmu.com/ware-center/
**No events will be held on the main campus of Millersville University, located in Millersville, Pennsylvania. The town of Millersville is roughly 6 miles southwest of the city of Lancaster.
Green Dot is AMTRAK Train station
B is Red Rose Bus Station
D is Holiday Inn
E is Lancaster Marriott
Checked Circle is The Conference Site- The Ware Center
AIR TO LANCASTER
Easiest airports to get to Lancaster
1. Philadelphia International Airport – Train to Lancaster
2. JFK Airport or LaGuardia Airport (New York City) – Bus or Train to Philadelphia and then Lancaster
3. Harrisburg International Airport – A taxi is the quickest way to get from Harrisburg Airport (MDT) to Lancaster, which costs $100 - $120 and takes 36 min. A less expensive way to get from Harrisburg Airport (MDT) to Lancaster without a taxi is
line 007 bus and train which takes 2 hours and costs $24 - $40. For more info see https://www.cattransit.com/schedules/central-pa/schedules-maps/route-7/
3. The closest airport to Lancaster is Harrisburg International Airport. There is car rental and taxi service between Harrisburg and downtown Lancaster. A taxi or Uber/Lyft ride from the Harrisburg airport to Lancaster is 32 miles (about 45-minute drive)—cost is $75-80.
4. There is also Amtrak service between Harrisburg and Lancaster. From Harrisburg airport, take a taxi cab or Uber/Lyft (http://www.flyhia.com/taxis) to the Middletown, Pennsylvania Amtrak station (2.1 miles from airport to train station—train ticket approx. $10, and the train runs between 6:30 am and 9:30 pm weekdays, 25-minute ride).
5. Attendees can also travel to JFK Airport or LaGuardia Airport in New York City or Philadelphia International Airport and then take an Amtrak train or Bus into Philadelphia’s 30th Street Station directly to Lancaster. Once you’ve arrived in Philadelphia, you can take the SEPTA train (approx. $8) from the airport to the Philadelphia 30th Street train station where SEPTA connects with Amtrak: (http://www.septa.org/schedules/rail/w/AIR_0.html). The NYC Airports have different routes.
6. Amtrak from Philadelphia to Lancaster is one hour and ten minutes. Amtrak offers eight daily trains from 30th Street Station in Philadelphia to Lancaster: Approx. $16-19 for a one-way ticket. Check http://www.amtrak.com/home for schedules and train information.
7. Once at Lancaster’s train station, a Red Rose Trolley (approx... $3) takes you from the train station to the center of downtown where the Ware Center and conference hotels are located (5-10-minute trip). Taxi cabs and Uber/Lyft are also generally available outside of the train station. It is about a one mile walk from the Lancaster train station—down Queen Street—to the downtown hotels.
For more information see https://www.cityoflancasterpa.com/public-transportation/
Public transportation is not ideal outside of the city. It is best to pick the suggested Lancaster Marriott or the Holiday Inn in Lancaster City.
The closest and best hotels in walking distance to The Ware Center and city dining are:
Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square (.2 miles from the conference site)
Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square offers a prime location in Lancaster City within walking distance to the Ware Center.
Holiday Inn Lancaster (.5 miles from the conference site)
The Holiday Inn Lancaster is also a great location within walking distance to The Ware Center. www.ihg.com